words...gifts...


Words matter. They really do. Have you ever found yourself using words to end conversations? It's like when you throw them out, everything dies. Sometimes we almost use them to brush people off so that we can move on to the next "thing". Here's my top five conversation list. I've actually caught myself using these words. Craziness...

1. Whatever...
2. That's what you think...
3. I guess we'll see about that, eh?...
4. Not gonna happen...
5. Let me pray about that...

What's your top conversation ending line? I'm working at using words that build, encourage, and inspire. It's not always easy, but it does seem to flow with God's expectations. "Say only what helps, each word a gift." (Ephesians 4:29). Are your words a gift?

2 comments:

Mom said...

Inspiring!!!! You are a blessing to us!!

Jen Allison said...

Thank you for the post, Eric. This is a subject I've been thinking a lot about lately. It is a great reminder for all of us and now I'm going to be asking myself each day if my words were a gift.