I love Pandora internet radio. It's simple, flexible, and allows you to listen to "your music". I was listening to my "Five For Fighting" station this morning and the Pearl Jam song "Immortality" began to flow. It's pretty powerful. These words really got my attention...

I cannot stop the thought
I'm running in the dark
coming up a which way sign

It made me think about the different times I've found myself running in the dark. Sometimes when that happens you see signs (meaning you get all kinds of advice), but it's just not right. All of the advice becomes a "which way" sign that screams: Where do you really go? What should you really do? Has that ever happened to you? I've discovered two things that help...a friend who will listen and intentional movement. Talk to someone who actually listens and then take a step. Move. Thanks Pandora.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Eric, I was just talking with Anita O'Carroll about this very stuff! She had some stuff to bounce off of me and I listened!! And now I think she will intentionally move!! They are moving to Dallas, TX with a NEW job that John has gotten into, still with meats but a different company! She's scared and just needed a friend to talk to!!