my favorite car


I’m 40 now! Happy Birthday to me. It’s kind of an interesting event because it seems like everyone around me enjoyed the whole concept of “getting old” much more than me. One of the groups that really seemed to enjoy it all were my kids. Forty seems really old to them. Kind of funny. If you ask Caden (the youngest) how old I am, he says “four”. I guess three years olds can’t even fathom forty let alone say it! Love it. After all of the celebrating, there is one gift that sticks out to me. It’s the gift in the picture. Caden and I play a lot of cars together. It’s kind of his favorite thing to do right now. He knows my favorite car is the old, beat-up Blazer. He calls it “daddy’s favorite car”. This car was actually mine when I was younger and has made its way into his hands. The car is close to twenty-five years old! On the morning of my birthday, Caden asked me to close my eyes and hold out my hands. When I opened my eyes, the old Blazer was in my hands and a big smile was on his face! I’d love to freeze that moment for a long time. He was trying to make his dad happy, and it worked. I actually got an ipad for my birthday, but my favorite car moves me the most.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Well that one made me cry :-) The old blazer, wow! Did you used to race it on the basement floor? Old Blazer $10.00, Ipad $$$$, moment with Caden. . . priceless!!!

Eric said...

Yes...on the basement floor! Great times.