my sink...


So, we just moved into a new home. Love the new house. It has air conditioning and that’s really all I care about right now in the middle of summer! I grew up without air-conditioning and my kids are like, “Dad, how old are you?”. Whatever.

So, in my new house, I have my own sink. In 17 years of marriage, I have never had my own sink. Never. And I’ve got to tell you that I just love my sink. I love it. It’s my sink. Mine. I’ve got my own drawers and my own mirror. It's fantastic! My wife’s sink started leaking the other day. I actually struggled with my own wife using my sink for a few days (did I mention it was my sink?). And then it occurred to me, “I’m a selfish pig. What’s wrong with me?”

Here's what I'm learning. Life is best lived with our arms extended, ready to give. When we're generous with our life, we don't necessarily lose. Actually, we gain so much. Today, I will choose to be generous!

4 comments:

Kym said...

J E A L O U S !!!
That is really funny!

Mom said...

What till you get your own completely yours, bathROOM!!! That's the ultimate!! I knew you'd enjoy that sink :-)

Abi said...

Joshua doesn't always like to share either. I hope Tonia kept your sink clean.

Darryl Iorio said...

Having your very own sink is a great privilege considering the convenience you will have whenever you want to wash your face or brush your teeth. By the way, I hope you checked the pipelines connected to your sink. In that way, you wouldn’t have to experience leaks and can prevent them from happening.

Darryl Iorio